Are you gazing for a golden chance to study in the renowned universities of the US? Here are full-bright and partial scholarships for international students with an excellent academic record. Almost every university in the US is offering a scholarship program for international students. Every year around 4000 scholarships is announced for international students who seek admission in the US Universities. Some of these scholarships are for excellent academic records and many are for a specific field. See the details regarding eligibility criteria, deadline to apply and other details below.
University of California, Berkeley Campus
University of California Berkeley campus offers a variety of scholarships for international students. These scholarship programs are called BIO need-based scholarships. They are either partial or full-bright to cover your tuition fees and other academic expenses. See the details of these scholarships below.
Tuition & Fee Awards
Every year, the university grants this scholarship program for international students. The scholarship covers a portion of tuition fees and other expenses. There is no separate form to apply for this scholarship. When you apply for admission, your name is automatically selected for this scholarship program if you fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- Your academic grades should be excellent.
- This scholarship is available for undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Deadline: Apply between 15 August – 13 September 2019
International Graduate Student Parent Grant
This scholarship is offered to the international students who have a child with them. They get the scholarship to meet the financial requirements of their children. The grant covers the tuition fees and other educational expenses.
- The students will exceptional academic records are eligible to apply.
- Proof of poor financial condition is mandatory.
- Only one parent/family is eligible to apply for a parent grant.
Apply between 15 August – 13 September 2019 for Fall
Apply between 15 January – 15 February 2020 for Spring
Special Population Scholarships
The University of California, Berkeley Campus offers special scholarship programs for the citizens of Macau, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Mainland China. These scholarships cover the educational expenses of the students from the above countries.
- The students with the poor financial state are eligible to get this scholarship.
- If you have applied for MBA, Executive MBA, MPA, M.Eng, MIDS, MAS, MFE or LLM, you are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Kent State University, US
Kent State University is a great name in offering quality education with the latest educational techniques and researches. It offers the scholarship for graduate courses. There is no restriction of nationality or race to apply for this scholarship.
International Freshman Scholarship
The Freshman scholarship by Kent State University is available for all international students. It ranges between $2,000 and $20,000 for every student.
- No credit transfer student can apply for this scholarship.
- Only fresh students can apply for it.
- The scholarship is available only for September intake.
- Minimum CGPA should be 3.6 that is equivalent to 4.0 on the US Scale.
- There should not be conditional admission to Kent State University
- Required ACT Composite is 27, new SAT should 1260, old SAT should be 1210 in critical reading and mathematics.
Deadline: Apply for this scholarship by 01 February 2020.
International Civic Engagement Scholarship
Another scholarship offered by Kent State University is Civic Engagement Scholarship that worth $2,000 to $31,856.00. It is a specialized scholarship that is available for the civic engagement degree only.
- The student should possess at least 3.0 Cumulative GPA that is equivalent to 4.0 US Scale.
- The admission at Kent State University should be unconditional
- No credit transfer student can apply for it. The only Freshman is eligible.
- A presentation on the local culture of the student is mandatory to qualify for this scholarship.
- A solid proof of civic pre-occupational skills in previous years.
- Excellent command on English
Scholarships are available for Spring and Fall Semesters. Apply by 01 April for Fall and by 01 October for Spring.
Global Diversity Scholarship
KSU offers a Global Diversity Scholarship for the students who have applied for the Global Diversity Program. The scholarship ranges $2000 to $31,856.00 for one academic year.
- It requires minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA that is equivalent to 4.0 on US Scale.
- Admission to KSU should be unconditional
- No credit hour transfer student is eligible for it. The only freshman can apply.
- The student should possess excellent academic records.
- The students from underrepresented regions are also encouraged to apply for it.
Apply by October 01 for Spring 2020 and by April 01 for Fall 2020
Undergraduate Merit-Based Scholarships (Non-Test Based)
Some non-test based (merit-based) scholarship programs are available for the undergraduate international students. These scholarships are available only for those who have an excellent academic record but do not have ACT, TOEFL or IELTS, etc. The scholarship awards from $2,000 to $15,000.
- Minimum Cumulative GPA should be 3.0 that is equal to 4.0 on US Scale.
- The admission to the KSU should be unconditional
- No TOEFL, SAT or ACT is required
Apply before 01 October for Spring and before 01 April for the Fall semester.
Arkansas Tech University Scholarships
Arkansas Tech University, USA offers different scholarships for postgraduate and undergraduate international students. The university offers different scholarships for different degrees. The amount of scholarships varies in all the programs. See the details of all of them below.
International Excellence Scholarship
This award is offered to undergraduate international students. It grants $4,500 per semester and can be renewed in the next semesters if you get good grades. The program covers 8 semesters of the program.
- The students in Russellville campus of Arkansas Tech University can avail it. It is not available at other campuses of the university.
- The students getting admission in Summer semester cannot avail it. It is only available for Fall and Spring.
- The minimum Cumulative GPA in high school senior should be 3.25.
Apply by 30 September for Spring and by 31 March for the Fall semester.
International Baccalaureate Scholarship
It is offered to the students of the Baccalaureate program. It awards an amount of $2,550 per semester. The scholarship can be renewed in the next semesters if you show excellent performance. This international scholarship covers the eight semesters of the undergraduate Baccalaureate degree.
- It is available for all undergraduate Baccalaureate students on the basis of first come first serve.
- You should have a minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.25 in high school senior degree.
- The students getting admission in the main campus of Arkansas Tech University in Russellville can avail this scholarship.
- It is not available for Summer. The students taking admission in fall and spring terms can avail it.
Apply by 30 September for Spring and by March 31 for the Fall semester.
Simmons University Scholarships
Simmons University brings different scholarship programs for students who possess an excellent academic record. There is no geographical restriction for international students. The students from any country can apply for it.
Kotzen scholarship is based on merit and first come first serve principle. It offers $3,000 to cover the cost of tuition fee, boarding and room expenses.
- The students should have a 3.3 Cumulative GPA
- TOEFL, SAT and ACT test is required for the students who are non-native English speakers.
- No credit hours transferring student can apply for it. The only freshman can apply.
- The student should submit the application in Word or PDF format via email.
Apply by 01 March for Spring and by 01 December for Fall.
Boston scholarship is also a merit-based scholarship program for the undergraduate international students. The amount of scholarship varies from student to student.
- The student should possess minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA.
- Minimum 1080 new SAT score, 1000 old SAT, 21 ACT score or 237/92 TOEFL score is required.
- Any student who has currently attended Boston public high school is eligible for this scholarship.
Apply by 01 March for Spring and by 01 December for fall.
ICSP Scholarship in University of Oregon USA
The University of Oregon is offering ICSP scholarships for undergraduate international students. There is no geographical restriction for it. Any undergraduate student from any part of the world can apply for it.
- It is offered on first come first serve basis to all undergraduate international students.
- The minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA is required for it
- TOEFL/ACT test is required
- The scholarship is available only for Fall semester.
Apply by 31 January 2020 for the Fall semester
Dominican University of California Scholarships
The Dominican University of California brings some Fullbright scholarships for undergraduate international students. There are four scholarships in this category and these are offered to the first-year students from all countries of the world outside of the USA.
The scholarship values $25,000/year to the first-year student who gets admission in Dominican University of California, USA.
- It is available for undergraduate international students
- Minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA is required in high school senior.
- The student should possess an excellent academic record.
- If you want to renew it the next year, you need a minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA in the first year of an undergraduate program.
Presidential scholarship offers $22,000/year to the undergraduate student from any country.
- It is based on first come first serve principle
- The student requires minimum from 3.50 to 3.84 Cumulative GPA.
- No credit transferring student is eligible for it. The only freshman can apply.
- To renew the Presidential scholarship next year, you require a minimum 2.7 Cumulative GPA.
DEAN’s Scholarship program is awarded to the undergraduate international students in their first year of study. It values $19,000. But the students with an excellent academic record in their first year can renew it in the coming years too.
- The student must possess excellent grades in all subjects of high school senior
- It requires a minimum of 3.20 to 3.49 Cumulative GPA
- To renew the scholarship next year, you require a minimum 2.7 Cumulative GPA.
Dominican scholarship covers the tuition fees and other expenses up to 8 semesters. The undergraduate students from all countries of the world can apply for this scholarship. It values $17,000/year.
- The student should have a minimum 3.0 to 3.19 Cumulative GPA.
- Excellent academic records in high school senior are required
- To renew the scholarship in the next year, you need a minimum 2.4 Cumulative GPA
Murray State University Scholarships 2019-2020
Murray State University brings various International Academic Achievement Scholarships for the students of graduate programs. This scholarship is available in different categories. The amount of scholarship also varies.
Provost International Scholarship:
This scholarship is purely for the freshman taking admission in the first year in the graduation program. The value of scholarship varies from $1,500 to $11,724/year. You can renew it next year.
- Only self-funded students can avail it. It is not available for the government-supported students.
- IELTS score should be minimum 7.5, TOEFL 102, SAT 1300 and ACT 28 to avail this scholarship
- It requires a minimum 3.5 Cumulative GPA.
Carr International Scholarship
The students from any country can apply for Carr International Scholarship. It is available for graduate international students. The scholarship values $8,793/year for the students. It can be renewed the next year if you get exceptional grades.
- You require a minimum 3.5 Cumulative GPA in undergraduate program
- It requires 7.0 in IELTS, 94 in TOEFL, 1230 in SAT and 26 score in ACT.
- The scholarship is offered to the freshman only. No credit transferring student is eligible for it.
University International Scholarship
The University International scholarship is awarded to the international students who seek admission in graduate programs. It values $3,908/year. The scholarship can be renewed if you get exceptional grades next year.
- Minimum 6.5 in IELTS, 79 score in TOEFL, 1160 in Sat or ACT 24 is required.
- Minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA is required
- The only freshman can avail this scholarship. It is not for the credit hours for transferring students.
Deans International Scholarship
Dean International Scholarship program brings $1,500/year for international graduate students. It can be renewed in the next year.
- Minimum 6.0 score in IELTS, 71 in TOEFL, 1060 in SAT and 21 in the ACT is required
- The student requires a minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA in high school seniors
- The scholarship is available for the new freshman only.
Apply by 30 September 2019 for Spring and 31 March 2020 for Fall semester
International Leadership Scholarships
Murray State University, USA offers some merit-based scholarships for international students. These are available for undergraduate students for the first year. However, they can renew it in their second year if they get excellent grades. The international leadership scholarship is not a full-bright scholarship. It is partial to cover the major expenses of tuition fees and lodging. The students can apply for it on a first come first serve basis. The scholarship brings $9,084/year for the students.
- The students require exceptional high school senior records in the relevant subject.
- Write an essay on 400 to 500 words to state your extra-curricular activities. Also, elaborate in details how you will spend your time at Murray State University.
- Minimum 7.5 scores in IELTS, 102 scores in TOEFL, 1300 in SAT and 28 scores in the ACT is required.
- It requires a separate scholarship application
Apply by 15 September 2019 for Spring and 15 March 2020 for Fall.
International Transfer Scholarships
Another partial scholarship for international students is the International Transfer scholarship. It values $2,000/semester to cover their tuition fees. This scholarship is offered to any international student who transfers his credit hours from any US college/university. You can renew the scholarship in the next semester up to four semesters.
- A minimum 3.25 Cumulative GPA is required
- You should complete at least 45 credit hours in any college of the US to apply for it.
- You require a minimum of 3.25 Cumulative GPA.
Apply by 15 September 2019 for Spring and 15 March 2020 for Fall